US Engine - Simple Review #1481313816

Turnaround Time

At least you got your engines, I sent 6000.00 for an engine in 2016 and have never seen it. They are currently protected under bankrupsey laws.but they operate under 12 different names all listed with the state attorney general.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

US Engine - USmarineengine - Un-torqued heads.

1.4
Turnaround Time

I ordered a 300 HP longblock and after a few weeks it finally showed up in WI. I Installed it, following his detailed instructions. I got about 2 hours of operation out of it when the new engine started to run very rough. My family made it to our lunch on one engine.

I took it to Skipper buds where they troubleshot the engine and found that the heads weren't torqued. #8 piston was broke and the engine was full of water from the head gaskets that weren't torqued and verified that it didn't overheat.

I called, left a message with no response. E-mailed and waited a couple days then e mailed again. I finally got a response. Send the engine back and if he diagnoses it that it was his fault he'd refund the shipping and send another engine. Fat chance, I'll cut my losses and get one built right.

Well, in the 2 weeks it took him to respond I've had the engine at an actual machine shop where he found that the pistons were loose in the cylinders, and the heads had a bent valve which he said was caused by water in the engine as a result of the heads not being torqued.

Apparently he is the only one who can respond to service emails. The reason it took 2 weeks was that he had/has cancer and was in the hospital. I hope he gets well, but I would not recommend buying anything from USmarineengine.

Maybe I was just unlucky but the customer service sucked as bad as the quality of workmanship on the "300 horse" engine I got from them.

I would have got a photo, but the marina had it troubleshot and in the machine shop so quick that I didn't have time. Hmm, they know customer service.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "go forth and do good things. i'm finished with them" as the author lost $2800. The author is overall dissatisfied with US Engine. The most disappointing about us engine boat engine from US Engine was bad company to deal with Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about US Engine.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Service Centers and Repairs category for more informed decision or compare US Engine to other companies on our site.

Burlington, North Carolina, United States #1249916

Had same hrlead issue 2 hrs and double blown head gaskets engine oil full of water tryed contact8ng to no avail.. do not but from them. Also had wrong head gaskets installed on it.

US Engine - Bad service. Bad repair. Lies. Would not fulfill warranty

Issaquah, Washington 0 comments
1.2
Turnaround Time

Our minivan engine needed to be rebuilt. I checked prices and found U.S. Engine to have the cheaper cost and better warranty, so inspite of my mechanics warning I chose them. They promised to have the engine rebuilt in 2 weeks.

2 weeks came and went. I contacted them and they said they needed 2 more weeks. Again, 2 weeks later, same thing. It took 2 months for them to rebuild the engine, and they asked for more money.

In the process of removing and putting the engine back in they damaged other things, such as a front axle boot, which they wouldn't fix or pay for.

Less than a year later the engine failed again. They would not honor the warranty. They claimed I had put bad oil in the car, which was untrue.

Be warned.

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $4000. The author is overall dissatisfied with US Engine. The most disappointing about us engine car engine from US Engine was cheats, bad service and bad repair Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

US Engine - BAD Company to deal with

Arkansas City, Kansas 0 comments
Turnaround Time

I run a boat repair business in Arkansas City Kansas and my customer bought a "long block" from this company because he could not wait for me to re-build one for him. I knew from the time we got it was going to be a problem I have bought several motors from different places and every time a "long block" was bought got a NEW oil pump. When this motor arrived low and behold NO oil pump I called and was told that they "US Marine Engines" do not supply parts they do not manufacture so I said did you manufacture the block, crank, pistons and etc. Then when we went to ask about returning core (note old motor had a busted head) we were told NO they would not even give partial credit which I culled bull every other place I have bought from deducts for bad parts so their went another $600.00 I installed motor and after about 20 hours customer brought back and said had lifter noise after investigating it was found that we did not have oil coming through push rods I called and talked to Mike and was told I must have installed the wrong oil pump I told him I installed a Melling and had 45# of oil pressure he told me that was too high should only be between 15 and 20# again I called BULL then he said I must have installed the wrong pushrods and I quickly corrected him that if I remember the pushrods cam from his place with the "long block" upon tearing into this motor it was contaminated bad grit everywhere and now Mike says must have been my fault stuff wasn't cleaned and I stopped him right there and told him I personally cleaned all of these parts. Needless to say my customer is out a LOT of money and all US Marine engines (Mike) want to offer is excuses. I know not very many people will know me but believe me I personally would not buy ANYTHING from any of Mike's company (ooh yea has more than one) All I can do at this time is do what I can to take care of the customer and rebuild him a motor which is what should have been done by US Marine and ooh yea the customer even purchased a extended warranty which all he did was give them MORE money.

Blaine Reed

DBA Hamms Marine

Arkansas City, Kansas

This person wrote the review because of "almost all of above" of us engine boat engine from US Engine. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $4000 and wants US Engine to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was bad company to deal with. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by US Engine for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

US Engine - Bad rebuilds

Durango, Colorado 0 comments

The motors are not cleaned out the old oil is still in engine after they send you the motor motor is plugged up you lose oil pressure and Mike at USMARINEENGINE argues with you that you did something wrong very rude and a real *** refused to give me a refund after 3 motors were bad very bad people do not buy from these guys you have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The heads looked as if the old valves were still in head old deposits on valve stems rusted inside the exhaust ports cant say enough that these guys are in my opinion just spraying off the motors repainting and selling.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss us engine boat engine. US Engine needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned us engine boat engine in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at US Engine.

Us Engine Boat Repair Review from Sammamish, Washington

Sammamish, Washington 0 comments
1.1
Turnaround Time

Very very bad. They don't like to give written quotes and will then overy charge you. They can't keep a schedule. They will steal your electronice, Nav equipment, stereo, etc. They put my boat on the street for a month but told me before I brought it in that they would store it in their locked yard and that my new motor would be installed in 2-3 weeks. They locked up the boat when they were finished and then closed shop for a month.

They called me Friday before Thanksgiving to pick it up and left a message that they would be closed all week. They were closed for more than a month and had their phone number disconnected during this time. Week after week there were UPS and FedEx door tags piling up on their door.

Their neighbor gave me access so I could pick up my boat and had no contact information for them. They had my contact information, phone, address and email. They never contacted me but did contact the police. I was threatened with a felony Warren but when I explained the circumstance the police dropped the issue. They never gave me an invoice or receipt. The US marine engine guy kept threatening me and had doubled the bill from their quote. The guy kept insisting I give him a credit card and that he was going to charge what he wanted. I showed the police the scribbled quote that I insisted they give me. I paid cashiers ceck and insisted on sending it through the police.

They was belligerant, threatening and might have been drunk each time I spoke with him after they received my boat. Washington law puts you at the mercy of a repair shop while they hold your property. I am quite certain they were not interested in getting paid what they quoted me, the guy kept bragging about other people he has sent to jail under the same circumstances. Lots of threats. He was very angry and threatening when I told him I sent cashiers checks to the police and that he could pick it up from them.

The engine... I got a rusty old block with cheap spray paint. It started rusting through before I put it in the water. They stole all of the electronics off the boat. They put bad old parts on the motor. I had to replace the started after I picked the boat up just to test the motor. They did not reconnect much of the electrical. They installed pinched and kinked cooling hoses and forgot hose clamps. When I started it the cooling system blew up 3 times before I found all of the errors. I had a new outdrive, they ran it without water and destroyed the water pump and impeller. So I finally get it on the water and 2 hours out and it starts blowing oil all over the front of the motor. 2 quarts down, a mess all over the engine compartment, stuck on the water right now waiting for a tow.

Supposedly more power better gas mileage is a lie. I bought their top of the line 350 to replace my 302. Less power than a 30 year old 302. Worse gas mileage.

These guys are very bad . I can't believe I didn't see other reviews. I am usually better about that.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with US Engine. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

US Engine - Simple Review #1465951946

Waverly, Nebraska 0 comments

Don't I say don't buy any of their pos motors 6000 in the hole

US Engine - Simple Review #1465950727

Grand Island, Nebraska 0 comments
Turnaround Time

Biggest pieces of *** motor you can get

Reason of review: Bad quality.

US Engine - Refusal to refund money for an engine

Auburn, Washington 1 comment
Turnaround Time

I purchased an engine and was given the wrong intake. I contacted the owner; Mike and he argued that it was my fault and it didn't fit because I didn't know how to put the gasket on.

The intake was 1/4 in too big. I called back several times to rectify the issue and finally decided to return the engine. I asked for the location to deliver the engine and the service mechanic; Mark cursed me out. After one week of missed appointments due to traffic and other excuses, they finally sent someone out to pick the engine up.

its been over a month now and they still have not refunded my money for the returned engine. it appears that there has been a lot of BBB complaints but no response by US Engine.

I have contacted an attorney and I will contact Jessie at kIRO7 to see if he can assist. I encourage all that have bitter differences to weigh in.

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment of us engine engine from US Engine. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $4000 and wants US Engine to issue a full refund.

New Paltz, New York, United States #1163344

I have issues with them too. did you contact a lawyer??

Did you have any luck??

I may have to contact a lawyer also. Think they are filing Bankruptsy

US Engine - Engine Review from Marysville, Washington

Marysville, Washington 2 comments
Turnaround Time

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, listen to these reviews. I did not. I thought that maybe all engine shops will have a few bad reviews, can't make everyone happy, right? The fact that they need 3 or 4 websites to alternate through should have tipped me off.

These guys are a complete joke. I was in a rush to get my boat back together so I drove down to buy a long block. They get it loaded up and I go into pay and they over change me. Instead of refunding the overage, they refund the entire amount and try to re-run the charge. Well, that was over my limit so I had to call the bank and up my limit right there because canceld transactions take several days to clear. Whatever.

I get the motor home and document all the new parts and the assembly of the engine. I video the break in process to prove I had done it correctly. Everything goes smoothly. I get about 10 hours on the engine and it starts to lose power. I lift the engine hatch and the coolant overflow tank is about to explode. It's fully pressurized. So I kill the engine and make it back home on the kicker. I pull the plugs and cylinder 4 plug is covered in aluminum. I pull the engine and all my brand new parts and drive the motor back down and wait a week for them to tell me that I HAD CYLINDER 3 AND 4 PLUG WIRES CROSSED. You've got to be kidding me. That's the best they could come up with. I show them photo and video proof of the wiring and the engine running without a mis-fire. And then Charlie starts berating me and my intelligence all through email. Such an Internet tough guy.

Now I have a $2600 long block that needs a complete rebuild. Let me add, I've be involved in racing and motorsports since I was born. My dad raced motocross professionally and circle track raced and I have built and raced off road trucks in the Mojave desert. I know my way around a small block chevy.

Please, please stay away. Rapido engines in Florida has better reviews and less in price. Try them or a local engine builder.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with US Engine and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about US Engine.

Comments

USengineproduction
Midland, Michigan, United States #1131963

Our company US Engine Production, located within New York and Michigan are not associated with US Engine Inc, which is located in Washington. Our company offers over 30 years of experience, providing quality solutions to each of our customers.

It is important that customers do not confuse US Engine Inc with our company US Engine Production Inc.

We hope this helps clarify any discrepancies, as well as rectify any false impressions of our company. Please visit our website www.usengineproduction.com or call 517.719.0300 with if you have questions.

to USengineproduction Camano Island, Washington, United States #1198002

This is from US Marine Engines in Washington. The city changes as they move shop every 6 months.