US Engine - Review about Boat Engine from Marysville, Washington
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, listen to these reviews. I did not. I thought that maybe all engine shops will have a few bad reviews, can't make everyone happy, right? The fact that they need 3 or 4 websites to alternate through should have tipped me off.
These guys are a complete joke. I was in a rush to get my boat back together so I drove down to buy a long block. They get it loaded up and I go into pay and they over change me. Instead of refunding the overage, they refund the entire amount and try to re-run the charge. Well, that was over my limit so I had to call the bank and up my limit right there because canceld transactions take several days to clear. Whatever.
I get the motor home and document all the new parts and the assembly of the engine. I video the break in process to prove I had done it correctly. Everything goes smoothly. I get about 10 hours on the engine and it starts to lose power. I lift the engine hatch and the coolant overflow tank is about to explode. It's fully pressurized. So I kill the engine and make it back home on the kicker. I pull the plugs and cylinder 4 plug is covered in aluminum. I pull the engine and all my brand new parts and drive the motor back down and wait a week for them to tell me that I HAD CYLINDER 3 AND 4 PLUG WIRES CROSSED. You've got to be kidding me. That's the best they could come up with. I show them photo and video proof of the wiring and the engine running without a mis-fire. And then Charlie starts berating me and my intelligence all through email. Such an Internet tough guy.
Now I have a $2600 long block that needs a complete rebuild. Let me add, I've be involved in racing and motorsports since I was born. My dad raced motocross professionally and circle track raced and I have built and raced off road trucks in the Mojave desert. I know my way around a small block chevy.
Please, please stay away. Rapido engines in Florida has better reviews and less in price. Try them or a local engine builder.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Boat Engine
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "There are always a few shady scam artists lurking around in every city and I happened to fall for it: I got scammed by "Larry, Moe, and Curly" posing as..."
- "Hi Sir, We were very happy and proud customers of Ford till last month. The actual values and customer friendliness of Ford(atleast the customer care) has comeout only when our car started..."
- "On 9/15/2011, my husband and mother-in-law purchased a used car from Mr. Herbert. Mr. Herbert signed the "Certificate of Title" over to my mother-in-law. Two days later, Mr. Herbert called..."
- "I ordered my son a basketball hoop as a Christmas gift from the Home Depot website on December 22nd, 2016. The delivery was supposed to be delivered on the first..."
- "Horrible customer service, don't buy here, save yourselfs some grieve. After being told to take the machine apart, see where the leak was coming from, take pictures, video, then they..."
- "We were totaly shock when my daughter 7yrs old said dad it is no good. i said yes it is i just made it. she said look at this. it..."
- "Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model. "Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the..."
- "I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told..."
- "Hi everyone, On Black Friday at Sports Authority I purchased a $50 World Tech Toys Striker Quad copter and so far it works beautifully with zero flight problems. All four rotor..."