PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, listen to these reviews. I did not. I thought that maybe all engine shops will have a few bad reviews, can't make everyone happy, right? The fact that they need 3 or 4 websites to alternate through should have tipped me off.
These guys are a complete joke. I was in a rush to get my boat back together so I drove down to buy a long block. They get it loaded up and I go into pay and they over change me. Instead of refunding the overage, they refund the entire amount and try to re-run the charge. Well, that was over my limit so I had to call the bank and up my limit right there because canceld transactions take several days to clear. Whatever.
I get the motor home and document all the new parts and the assembly of the engine. I video the break in process to prove I had done it correctly. Everything goes smoothly. I get about 10 hours on the engine and it starts to lose power. I lift the engine hatch and the coolant overflow tank is about to explode. It's fully pressurized. So I kill the engine and make it back home on the kicker. I pull the plugs and cylinder 4 plug is covered in aluminum. I pull the engine and all my brand new parts and drive the motor back down and wait a week for them to tell me that I HAD CYLINDER 3 AND 4 PLUG WIRES CROSSED. You've got to be kidding me. That's the best they could come up with. I show them photo and video proof of the wiring and the engine running without a mis-fire. And then Charlie starts berating me and my intelligence all through email. Such an Internet tough guy.
Now I have a $2600 long block that needs a complete rebuild. Let me add, I've be involved in racing and motorsports since I was born. My dad raced motocross professionally and circle track raced and I have built and raced off road trucks in the Mojave desert. I know my way around a small block chevy.
Please, please stay away. Rapido engines in Florida has better reviews and less in price. Try them or a local engine builder.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Boat Engine
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Had Hercules H-902 on a 5th wheel. Not overloaded, in fact, a very easy job for a tire that claims such a high working load. Then on a clean, dry..."
- "The "repair" they made did not hold up.This is the 2nd time it has almost killed us. Waiting on a reply from legal counsel at Ford. It is definitely totaled..."
- "I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with a factory paint job that is defective primarily the hood. The prep to make the paint stick to the hood was not properly..."
- "HOME STYLE FURNITURE July 2014 I purchased a 1500.00 game table with four chairs for our summer home. The first time my husband sat in one of the chairs the..."
- "Walgreens (1/22/16) My issue with Walgreens isn't complicated. On 1/16/16, I got a prescription of Tamsulosin filled at the Enumclaw, WA, Walgreens. I picked up the Tamsulosin at..."
- "Hi everyone, On Black Friday at Sports Authority I purchased a $50 World Tech Toys Striker Quad copter and so far it works beautifully with zero flight problems. All four rotor..."
- "I HAVE USED FROM YOU FLOWERS 3 TIMES. THE 1ST TIME I SENT 3 PLANTS TO TN. I SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON BEING SATISFIED SINCE 1 OF THE..."
- "I recently booked a Jetstar flight on eDreams.com. They sent me an email confirmation that said "The total cost of your reservation is $442.22. The details of the amounts charged..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."