Turnaround Time

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, listen to these reviews. I did not. I thought that maybe all engine shops will have a few bad reviews, can't make everyone happy, right? The fact that they need 3 or 4 websites to alternate through should have tipped me off.

These guys are a complete joke. I was in a rush to get my boat back together so I drove down to buy a long block. They get it loaded up and I go into pay and they over change me. Instead of refunding the overage, they refund the entire amount and try to re-run the charge. Well, that was over my limit so I had to call the bank and up my limit right there because canceld transactions take several days to clear. Whatever.

I get the motor home and document all the new parts and the assembly of the engine. I video the break in process to prove I had done it correctly. Everything goes smoothly. I get about 10 hours on the engine and it starts to lose power. I lift the engine hatch and the coolant overflow tank is about to explode. It's fully pressurized. So I kill the engine and make it back home on the kicker. I pull the plugs and cylinder 4 plug is covered in aluminum. I pull the engine and all my brand new parts and drive the motor back down and wait a week for them to tell me that I HAD CYLINDER 3 AND 4 PLUG WIRES CROSSED. You've got to be kidding me. That's the best they could come up with. I show them photo and video proof of the wiring and the engine running without a mis-fire. And then Charlie starts berating me and my intelligence all through email. Such an Internet tough guy.

Now I have a $2600 long block that needs a complete rebuild. Let me add, I've be involved in racing and motorsports since I was born. My dad raced motocross professionally and circle track raced and I have built and raced off road trucks in the Mojave desert. I know my way around a small block chevy.

Please, please stay away. Rapido engines in Florida has better reviews and less in price. Try them or a local engine builder.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with US Engine and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about US Engine.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Service Centers and Repairs category for more informed decision or compare US Engine to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with US Engine?

Comments

USengineproduction
Midland, Michigan, United States #1131963

Our company US Engine Production, located within New York and Michigan are not associated with US Engine Inc, which is located in Washington.Our company offers over 30 years of experience, providing quality solutions to each of our customers.

It is important that customers do not confuse US Engine Inc with our company US Engine Production Inc.

We hope this helps clarify any discrepancies, as well as rectify any false impressions of our company.Please visit our website www.usengineproduction.com or call 517.719.0300 with if you have questions.

to USengineproduction Camano Island, Washington, United States #1198002

This is from US Marine Engines in Washington. The city changes as they move shop every 6 months.